This week I have watched the tutorials on Lynda.com on how to use Flash CS5. I have never used any of the CS5 tools before, so I am a little nervous. I usually just dive in and play around with software, but I was unable to do this with flash. I started with the basic tutorials on what flash does and the file types and the working area.
I learned that most of the files people work with are .fla files and the working environment is stage and pace board and timeline, then learned about frames, panels and layers.
I am glad that I chose Flash because most banner ads and mobile apps are developed with Flash. This is going to work well with my action research project and hopefully I will be able to teach my students how to create banner ads and mobile content.
My next post will be my attempt at creating a banner ad.
Hey Brandi - I'm so glad you chose this topic as this is also the one I want to do! I've always been fascinated by Flash video but know nothing about it. The only drawback that I know of is that my iPhone does not play flash at this time. Your post has inspired me to get out and check this out post haste! Nicely done Brandi - I'm glad to call you my friend, as well as my critical friend!
ReplyDelete